In what could be called a lifesaver for teachers and guardians, Blocks is offering them an innovative K12 Web Filter. It’s a welcome initiative as educators and parents struggle with online cyberbullying threats, poisoning the learning environment. Not only are these threats a problem, but there’s also inappropriate web content to deal with.
The Blocks K12 Web Filter lets users block access to offensive, toxic, and even harmful web content. As parents, you’ll know when to use internet content filters to protect kids from illegal content.
At Blocksi Inc., we want educators to do what they love: teaching with minimal distractions and students to concentrate 100% on studies without any disruptions. As a result, the K12 Web Filter has a lot of pros, including:
- You can stop students from accessing graphic content, e.g., pornography and violent images.
- Teachers can keep their students from any distractions, such as gaming sites and entertainment.
- Prevents cyberbullying
- The internet is flooded with scammers, hackers, and people mining private info. So, the K12 Web Filter can protect students from these dangerous activities.
The K12 Web Filter offers 4 dashboards to enable administrators, teachers, delegates, and guardians to create a safe learning environment for students. Let’s look at what each dashboard offers you.
It contains district-wide content filtering, account management with reports, device anti-theft, intelligent alerts about self-harm, bullying, threats, and toxicity.
It has real-time screen monitoring, screen sharing, assessment mode with browser lockdown, class reports, and K-12 designed video-conferencing with live chat features.
- The dashboard allows parents to receive alerts when their kids gain access to blocked content. It’s also available on Android and iOS apps, gaining control anywhere.
- It lets parents work with school admin by enforcing policies when the device is at home.
- It contains access-time control for streaming games, social bedtime, and screen-time control.
- Provides leaders with district-wide insights and analytics.
- You can track school performance per student and per group without any tech hassles.
- Leaders can receive intelligent alerts on email or phone triggered by customized rules.
- The Student Safety feature lets you detect cyberbullying and self-harm.